To become America’s outdoor recreation destination for silent sport and human powered activities and contribute to the economic growth of the 7 Rivers Region of La Crosse by attracting and retaining active lifestyle employees, visitors seeking an active vacation, and fostering businesses and industries that support Outdoor Recreation Alliance activities.
Our goal is to foster outdoor recreation by engaging directly with the public through our members, seeking opportunities to teach and educate anyone desiring to learn about recreating in our one-of-a-kind Driftless region.
What Does ORA Do?
- Advocates for Outdoor Recreation: a tourism and business builder.
- Organizes local and regional outdoor sports events, directly engaging with the public.
- Collaborates with cities, municipalities and other Driftless area entities concerning access to land and waterways for human powered recreational activities.
- Teaches and promotes best skills practices in all outdoor sports.
- Connects people with outdoor experiences.
ORA’s Value – powerful economic development organization and expert outdoor resource
Outdoor Related Events We Have Produced:
- The Omnium
- CatGut Paddle Fest 2017
- Women’s Mountain Biking Clinic
- Take a Kid Mountain Biking
- The Big Bird Biltz 2017
- Heads In Beds
- Trails, parking
- Infrastructure and tax base
- Linking other NGO’s working together
- Policy and Local Budgets
The Summit – A yearly conference linking people across the Outdoor Recreation Industry spectrum.
Trail Design, Building and Maintenance
- Rotary Vista Trail (RVT) -Highly acclaimed 2 ½ mile multi-use trail connecting Lower and Upper Hixon trail systems
- 12 miles of “Best Built Trails in Wisconsin.”
- Pump Track at Upper Hixon to work on bike skills
- Improvement with entry & exit points on rivers
- Water trail navigation mapping
- Maintaining all trails (clear downed trees and debris)
ORA’s members and volunteers provide a vast amount of volunteer hours maintaining and driving outdoor recreation for the entire Driftless area! Take an active role in the outdoor community and become a member today!